Wednesday, November 19, 2008

New York Inspiration


I'm back from NYC, which always gives me a rush.  One of my favorite stops for inspiration is the Museum of Arts and Design.  This was my first chance to go to their beautiful new location at 2 Columbus Circle.  It's really a beautiful new building.  There were two exhibits that I absolutely loved.  The first was Second Lives: Remixing the Ordinary.  This fascinating exhibit features work by 50 international artists.  Each collection of work evolves from ordinary and everyday objects originally created for another purpose.  My favorite installation was by Paul Villinski, My Back Pages, 2006-2008.  Green, repurposed, wonderful art!  This exhibition is running until February 15, 2009.

The second exhibition was very exciting to see, Elegant Armor: The Art of Jewelry.  I had to stop myself from getting too excited when I saw some of my favorite jewelry works in person. This is a collection of contemporary art jewelry from the 1940's to the present.  This wonderful jewelry collection will be on display until May 31, 2009.  Very inspiring.  If you're heading to NYC in the next few months, I recommend stopping by this great museum.

No comments: